Airbnb Wants to Offer More Than Just Home Rentals

Recently, Airbnb wants to expand its offerings beyond home rentals by providing customers with a full-experience vacation.

Airbnb intends to expand the company’s reach by owning more of people’s travel experiences. The add-on services will be available when people book their accommodations online in order to create a well-rounded “magical trip”. The feature is still in development and plans haven’t been formally announced as of yet, though one source said it will happen this year.

The program is one of Airbnb’s top priorities for the year. Add-on services would also be an important new revenue stream for the company and would pit it against larger travel sites like Kayak and Orbitz that create a single destination for travelers to book anything from a flight to car rental to hotel.

If you are interested, access the following link for more information.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/airbnb-signals-expansion-into-professional-vacation-rentals-1432051843

One Response

1. yxchan March 26, 2016 at 6:25 am |

First and foremost, I really love Airbnb. Last summer, I used Airbnb for all my stays when I explored Europe. I even used the add-on service in France whereby the local guide, Maria brought me to different non-touristy places in Paris such as Le Bistrot des Dames which was an awesome french restaurant and also walked around the city. It was an awesome experience and I urge everyone to try it as well. Say goodbye to conventional tour agencies and hello to the new era of travelling! 🙂

Reply