Airbnb Restaurant Service

Did you know that Airbnb offers restaurant reservations with restaurant reservation app Resy! Airbnb partnered with 650 US restaurants and they are looking to expand its inventory to restaurants in other countries. Restaurants are curated and they include local favourites, award winners and international destinations. This integration of dining allows Airbnb to offer a seamless experience with their commitment to focus on guests’ entire trip and not just homes. They are looking into allowing more dining options such as exclusive tables for users or social dining experiences where guests can share a meal and meet their fellow Airbnb travelers.

Currently, this only works with restaurants in the US and i feel that it has great potential to expand out to other countries!

Here’s a short video to illustrate how it works!

One Response

1. kysim November 24, 2017 at 9:26 am |

Hi Amanda, thank you for sharing with us this video! It is nice to know that airbnb is including more curated experiences for guests, such as being able to book a restaurant direct. This is an ideal way to keep guests coming back to the app for more. I read on fortune.com earlier this semester that airbnb was intending to partner up with other companies too to add more services such as the ability to book cars and order a delivery of groceries. If they were to allow one to book flights too (which they did mention of doing so before on their official website. However, the exact date on when this would be completed is still unknown, we will have to wait.), airbnb would totally be a one stop platform for travellers! Cant wait for them to continue to expand. However, I think as I grow older I might prefer hotels over airbnb. Haha. But I would use the airbnb app for its other services such as restaurant recommendations and reservations even if I did not book an airbnb.

Once again, thank you for sharing with us the video.

Reply